Essential Nutrients Systems is a well recognised livestock production firm. Our origins are in nutritional consultancy and services which extend into operational technologies. We help clients within intensive beef, dairy cattle and sheep industries. Establishing a close working relationship with our clients to provide objective, tangible and practical solutions.
WELCOME TO ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS SYSTEMS
Essential Nutrients Systems mission is to assist clients in developing nutritional & practical operational programmes which:
- Recognise available resources & constraints of the production systems operating environment.
- Simplify production processes to create repeatability within the operation, that follows through to a consistent end point (carcass, milk etc.)
- Recognize opportunities within the operation for economic improvement.
ENS’s vision is to continue to grow as a successful business through:
- encouraging a professional, supportive, educational & progressive work environment amongst our staff.
- building personalised relationships and service with our clients, based on knowledge, integrity and mutual respect.
HENNING VERMAAK – MANAGING DIRECTOR
Henning founded Essential Nutrients Systems in June 2001. Initially the company focus provided nutritional technical support and management systems for feedlot and dairy industries. His aptitude for mechanical and biological systems found these industries lacking on-site automated dispensing systems for minerals and feed additives.
Essential Nutrients Systems now develops proprietary dispensing equipment for feedlots and dairies, holding patents on some specialty equipment.
Henning obtained his MSc degree in Animal Nutrition in 2011 at the University of Pretoria Department of Animal and Wildlife Science and is currently consulting for integrated beef and dairy operations in Sub Saharan Africa. His first years after university, was as a farm manager. In 1999 he joined OTK Feed Company working in dairy and beef technical management and development of molasses based liquid feed supplements.
Essential Nutrients Systems provides a comprehensive nutritional consultancy service as well as patented Micro & Makro Ingredient Dosing Units. To keep abreast of new technologies and sciences we maintain close associations with USA feed additive companies and Australian consulting firms
Optimal livestock performance requires synchronization of multiple disciplines into a daily time managed repeatable, consistent management program.
- Animal nutrient requirements for production – Ingredients energy/quality & cost.
- Feed manufacturing resources (i.e. staff & equipment).
- Feed formulation & dietary management program.
- On-site training & program implementation.
- Close-out audit (i.e. dry matter intake DMI, dry matter conversion DMC, average daily gain ADG, cost of gain COG, milk yield, milk fat%).
- Equipment benchmark of operational efficiency.
- Constantly identifying areas of potential improvement.
MICRO & MAKRO INGREDIENT DOSING TECHNOLOGY
Integrated or standalone Micro & Macro Ingredient units that will take feed efficiency and profitability to a higher level in your feeding system.
6 BIN MICRO MACHINE
This unique design was developed and tested in several different size operations in the past decade. This model’s accuracy and reliable operational track record will be a valuable addition to your feed mill. With this proven concept you will be able to tailor made each diet according to your target animal’s micro mineral and medication requirements.
- Standard 6 Bin Stainless Steel 50 L capacity holding bins for ingredients (e.g. trace minerals, vitamins, feed additives -lonophores, enzymes, etc.).
- Variable speed drive and dual speed settings on individual augers for better accuracy.
- Stainless steel discharge pump.
- Individual and simultaneous loss of weight weighing for fast and accurate dispensing of multiple ingredients.
- Easy programmable 8 Recipes PLC setup with adjustable low level alarms and inventory logging options.
- Low level Alarms notification on separate ingredients.
- Generates batch reports on onboard printer.
- Scheduled Inventory reports daily.
- Additional peristaltic pumps or gear pumps to accommodate liquid products.
- Additional flow meters to measure ingredient dosing and water flush volume.
- Wireless communication for real-time ingredient inventory.
- Macro bins up to 3 cubic meter in volume with live bottom augers for handling bulk ingredients like limestone, urea, salt.
- Horizontal conveyors and steep incline conveyor systems.
- System integrations with existing mill software (SCADA) or handshake with third party software.
Diamond V ®
Diamond V ® is well recognized throughout the animal nutrition field as an innovative, scientifically-motivated feed ingredient supplier. They have been providing natural, research-proven yeast culture products for more than 60 years and are constantly looking for practical solutions to the nutritional problems encountered in modern animal agriculture. Diamond V ® manufactures yeast culture fermentation products and high-selenium yeast to animal feed companies, dairy milk producers, beef cattle feedlots and integrated swine and poultry operations world-wide. Diamond V ® sought ENS assistance in distribution of their exceptional products for the South African livestock industry.
For more information click on the links below:
Digi-Star ® International
Digi-Star is dedicated to the development, production and marketing of electronic weighing systems and feed management systems for the global agricultural market. Digi-Star forms part of the Topcon Agriculture Group which provides advanced IoT connected field and farm management solutions for aftermarket and OEM customers in the agriculture industry, integrating high-precision hardware, software and data to bring efficiency and enhance productivity to every phase of farming operations.
For more information click on the links below:
- They develop effective responses and solutions to current and emerging industry issues within the meat industry.
- Provide a rapid-response advisory service to the industry.
- Contribute to key industry advisory committees, meetings & conferences.
- Carry out applied research & development projects for meat processors.
- Provide access to information on meat processing & food safety.
- Distribute regular meat technology updates to the industry with information on the latest developments.